A: There are a number of reasons that physiotherapists permanently cease to practice. Whether due to planned retirement on unforseen personal circumstances (such as injury) ongoing cover should be maintained (for work conducted prior to ceasing practice). Physiobase.com has negotiated a significant benefit with their supporting insurer (CGU Insurance Ltd) that where the insured is a sole practitioner and ceases to practice in public during period of insurance, then the subject policy will provide ongoing run-off cover (at no additional or ongoing cost to the Insured) subject to CGU Insurance Ltd remaining the insurer to the Physiobase.com professional indemnity scheme for physiotherapists.
Articles in this section
- Who is the insured?
- Locum Cover Explained
- Do you have a phone number I can call for a chat about my Physiotherapy PI needs?
- Does the Student Exam policy provide cover for supervised clinical practice while awaiting full registration?
- Some of the great reasons to insure with PhysioSure!
- Will I be named as the person insured on my Physiosure policy?
- Does the Physiosure policy include run-off cover?
- Does the policy cover me for working overseas?
- How much cover do I need?
- Is your wording limited to provide cover for professional negligence?